Food Services Department
National School Lunch Program: Free & Reduced-Price School Meals Family Application
School meals play an important role in supporting children as schools reopen for School Year 2021-2022. Thanks to flexibilities provided by the USDA’s National School Lunch Program and Seamless Summer Option (SSO), we are excited to inform you that the Pembroke Pines Charter School System (PPCSS), can serve student breakfast meals at no cost and serve student lunch meals at no cost for the 1st meal for the 2021-2022 school year. If a student opts to receive a second lunch meal, the student’s meal account will be charged. The cost for second lunch meals are $2.70 for Elementary, $3.05 for Middle and $3.20 for High School. Offering free meals allows our school food service team to facilitate the safe provision of meals by eliminating the need to collect meal payments, while continuing to keep our students well-nourished and healthy.
Parents and Guardians are still encouraged to complete a Free or Reduced Price meal application for all new students and for those who have had a change in the household. Approval of the meal application may determine whether students are eligible to receive additional assistance through other federal programs. To complete an F&R application, please see below.
Review the F&R Parent Letter for School Year 2021-22 (in English) (en Español) and complete the 2021-22 F&R Application online. Opens a New Window.
Breakfast and Lunch Menus
Due to the increased costs of printing and going "green" Chartwells has decided to no longer print monthly breakfast and lunch menus for every student. The menus can be found on the Pembroke Pines Charter Schools website. There will be some menus delivered to the school each month for those who may not have internet access.
The Chartwells Promise
Making sure students enjoy what they eat can do wonders for growing minds. It has always been the Chartwells promise and commitment to provide customized solutions to support academic achievement at the highest levels. We practice a single-minded commitment to building strong bodies, sharp minds, and establishing the foundation for a long, healthy life. We call this Eat. Learn. Live.
In order to better serve our parents, the Pembroke Pines Charter Schools offers MyPaymentsPlus which allows parents to conveniently manage their child's school meal account. Please visit MyPaymentsPlus to make deposits and/or monitor your student's meal account.
MyPaymentsPlus is a state-of-the-art online service that provides you the convenience and information you need to manage your student’s meal account. This system speeds up serving lines in the cafeteria, eliminates the need to send checks to school or worry about lost or forgotten lunch money, and ensures that your child will receive a nutritious meal.
At no cost, MyPaymentsPlus allows any family to:
- Create a free, secured account to manage all of your student's accounts
- Check your student’s current account balance
- Monitor the items your student has been purchasing in the cafeteria
- Create settings to receive email notifications when the account reaches a low balance
Furthermore, MyPaymentsPlus allows any family to:
- Make a prepayment into your student’s meal account using a check, credit card, or debit card at MyPaymentsPlus or by calling 1 877-237-0946. Funds deposited through MyPaymentsPlus are usually available for student use within a matter of minutes. This feature eliminates the need to send a check to the school or worry about lost or forgotten lunch money.
- Create settings to automatically replenish your student’s account when it reaches a low balance
If you prefer to make payments or check balances via phone, a toll-free number has been created for our school, 877-237-0946.
To create a new account, visit MyPaymentsPlus. Follow the onscreen directions and register your student using their Student ID number. Your student ID number can be obtained by contacting support at 877-237-0946. We encourage you to visit MyPaymentsPlus or call 877-237-0946 today.
Earn While Your Children Learn! Full and part-time employment opportunities are available with Chartwells Dining Services for the 2021-22 school year! Please email Javier Diaz.
- Offer vs Serve Letter (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Feedback for Students and Parents (PDF) Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- How to Build a Healthy Plate (PDF) Opens a New Window.