1. Q: How does the new lottery and registration platform affect me?
A: You will need to create a parent account and attach your child on the new platform. Please follow the tutorial that applies to your child under Important Links.
2. Q: My child is already attending PPCS do I have to re-register?
A: Yes! Current students are required to state their intention of returning to keep their seat active and update their contact information.
3. Q: How do I re-register my current PPCS student?
4. Q. I have created a new parent account, what now?
A. Have you linked your child(ren) to your parent account? If not, begin by entering your child’s Student ID#, First and Last Name, and Date of Birth. If you receive an error message, verify that you have entered the correct information. If everything was entered exactly as what the school has on file, and you are still receiving an error message, send an email to your child’s school. See tutorial for current PPCS students.
5. Q. Do I have to provide anything as part of my re-registration form?
A. Currently, enrolled students do not need to provide supporting documentation UNLESS your address has changed. During the re-registration process, you will be asked if your address has changed. If you answer yes, you will be prompted to upload 2 proofs of residency. If you do not have a way to upload these documents, you can bring these documents into your child's school or email them to the registrar. The proof of residency must be in the name of the parent/guardian of the applicant. Proof of residency can be any of the following: CURRENT water bill, electric bill, gas bill, driver’s license, mortgage statement, purchase agreement or notarized rental agreement.
6. Q: How do I request a reassignment for my current PPCS student?
7. Q: My child is on the waitlist for this current school year. Now what?
A: You must re-submit your lottery application to be considered for the new upcoming school year. Please see tutorial.
8. Q: How do I apply for the lottery? I am a first-time lottery applicant to the City of Pembroke Pines Charter Schools.
A: Please see the tutorial.
9. Q. How are students selected for the lottery?
A. Please see Important Links for the Lottery Outline document.
10. Q. If I decline an offered seat can I remain on the lottery for the next school year?
A. Yes, to remain on the lottery for the next school year you MUST resubmit your application during the next open lottery.
11. Q. I am already on the waitlist so why do I have to resubmit my lottery application each year?
A. All lottery applicants are required to resubmit every year to remain on the waitlist and to maintain their seniority. This allows you to review and update your application and tells us that you are still interested in the City of Pembroke Pines Charter Schools. If you do not resubmit then your application is automatically removed from the waitlist and your past seniority will not carry over if in the future you decide to reapply.
12. Q. What if I do not have access to a computer?
A. If you do not have internet and email service, please see the contact us link under Important Links. Contact the school directly make arrangements to apply in person. Parents are responsible for ensuring information submitted to the lottery application is accurate and up to date.
13. Q. Once I've submitted the lottery application electronically, how will I know that the submission is successful?
A. Once the lottery application is submitted online, you will receive a confirmation email to the email address you provided when you created the online lottery application account.